How to Store Vegetables for Longer Time – Part 1?
Being Single is Boon or Bane, I don’t know but this is how I’m able to store my Vegetables for a week. I buy vegetables every week to save my time.
So let’s begin, For Chilies, Curry Leaves, Ginger, Coriander etc
- Prepare a Solution (3 Part of water & 1 Part of White Vinegar) in a Big Bowl.
- Soak Chilies, Curry leaves, Coriander & Ginger (One at a time) in the Bowl for 5-10 mins to remove the dirt & pesticides or harmful medicated sprinklings. Also, You can use hands or brush to clean them if required.
- Wash them again under running water & leave them to Air-dry on a cotton cloth, Alternatively you can also use another cotton cloth or electric fan or cooler to dry them fast.
- After the vegetables are completely dried, Store Chilies, Curry Leaves & Ginger into a zip-lock bag (make sure there is no moisture remaining in the bag).
- Roll Coriander leaves in to Tissue paper & Store them into zip-lock bags.
- I put them all in a box or basket together in a fridge to use when cooking.
- Once in a week, Open the bags, wipe the moisture with kitchen towel & place them back.
Bowl to Soak Vegetabels
Eggs are one of easiest & cheapest available Super Foods in the world but eating Egg Bhurji or Boiled eggs everyday is boring, Let’s add Indian tastes to it..
I’m Creating “Egg Butter Masala”
What we need:
- 3 Hard Boiled eggs
- 1 ½ tablespoons butter
- ½ cup chopped onions
- ½ cup chopped tomatoes
- 9-10 cashew nuts
- 2 cloves
- 1 cardamom
- 1 inch cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon red chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon ginger garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- ½ teaspoon garam masala
- ¼ teaspoon Kasuri methi
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon cream
- Coriander leaves to garnish
- Add butter to a pan & saute eggs till they become brown & remove
- Now Add chopped onion, tomato and cashews to the pan & Roast
- Once onion & tomato change their color (roasted) then add turmeric, salt & chilli powder
- Cook for 5-6 mins & remove from the flames
- Cool it & transfer it to a blender & add 3/4 cup of water & Blend
- Heat 3/4th tbsp butter and add cardamom, cinnamon & clove. Saute for 30 sec.
- Add ginger-garlic paste & saute for a minute.
- Add the blend & 1/4 cup of water, Cook for 7 mins over medium flame
- Add kasuri methi & 2 cook minute
- Add Eggs & cook for 3 minutes
- Remove from the flame & Garnish with Cream & Coriander leaves
If you are trying this, Let me know in the comment box How’s It? and If you have any idea to do it differently or any other creative dish which can be created using Eggs, Write it in the comment box.