I have Traveled both with my Family & Friends but “Travelling Solo” was Challenging & Adventurous at the same time. I like to live my life on my own terms and that’s all what you have to do when you Travel Solo. Here are some tips to Travel solo :
- Save Up : Isn’t great that when you return from your trip after spending continuously you don’t have to worry about your finances. So start saving months before you begin your trip and decide your budget.
- Decide on Your Travel Plan : “Invest few minutes today to make a travel plan & you will save hours on your trip” That’s it. Create a Plan way before your trip to maximize the adventure & minimize the stress.
- BUY Travel Insurance : Think you don’t need it? Think again. Millions people travel & less that 1% of them buy Travel Insurance because most people aren’t aware of the option or don’t know how travel insurance works. There are several good reasons to look into insurance like Trip cancellation, Flight cancellation, Natural disasters, Medical coverage, Baggage delay or lost, Passport lost, Emergency money requirements etc are major benefits to look into.
- Pack Light : Pack most important & basic things that you will require on your trip including clothes. I remember that when I traveled to Goa India 4-5 yrs back, I was so excited that was not able to decide what to pack so I brought my complete wardrobe but then It was very uncomfortable to carry all your clothes.
- Know how you’ll stay in Touch : Get a Local SIM card with Internet services as soon as you arrive to your destination & Be in touch with your family & friends about the places you’re going to visit. I left a copy of Names with Address & Phone numbers of the hotels am going to stay which came very handy when my parents was not able to reach me.
- Be Patient : It can be very difficult arriving to a new country or to a new city. Always remember that a Country is to Comfort their own people and not you. So be patient, Try to learn few words and most importantly “Keep Smiling”.
- Be Pro Active : If you’re unsure of yourself, always ask for help from someone. Standing around & looking puzzled will not get you where you want to go. So go ahead, Smile & ask for help.
- Know which way is UP : Get a MAP of your destination to read and locate where you want to go.
- Be Ready to Talk : In Sri Lanka, I met a girl Johanna from Austria in the middle of the forest towards “9-Arch Bridge” . It started to rain so we cut out and went to eat together and to my wonder, we had a great chat & explored the next day together. It will be fun to meet new people. Ask questions and conversations begin.
- Go far-off the beaten path. Travelers who find each other where there are few tourists are more inclined to talk to each other. Meet someone on a hike or in a specific location and you already know that you have an interest in common.
- Travel between destinations. Whether you choose the train, bus, or plane, live within the limits of a carry-on bag or backpack. You’ll be happy you did as you manage to move around from destination to destination with greater ease.
- Eat Healthy : I love to eat tasty & healthy so I always carry my Protein & Fats when I travel for unstoppable supply because this word is full of carbs but watch out before you eat.
- Take Plenty of Pictures : You should satisfy your “Self-Obsession” every time you’re on a Trip. It will help you relive the memories because all you can carry to your death bed is memories that you create. No family, money, car & house etc will go with you.
These are all I could think of right now so to end my blog all I want to tell you is that every one should travel solo at least once in their life, It will make you Invincible. “Travelling Solo” itself is a Adventure.