How to Store Vegetables for Longer Time – Part 1?
Being Single is Boon or Bane, I don’t know but this is how I’m able to store my Vegetables for a week. I buy vegetables every week to save my time.
So let’s begin, For Chilies, Curry Leaves, Ginger, Coriander etc
- Prepare a Solution (3 Part of water & 1 Part of White Vinegar) in a Big Bowl.
- Soak Chilies, Curry leaves, Coriander & Ginger (One at a time) in the Bowl for 5-10 mins to remove the dirt & pesticides or harmful medicated sprinklings. Also, You can use hands or brush to clean them if required.
- Wash them again under running water & leave them to Air-dry on a cotton cloth, Alternatively you can also use another cotton cloth or electric fan or cooler to dry them fast.
- After the vegetables are completely dried, Store Chilies, Curry Leaves & Ginger into a zip-lock bag (make sure there is no moisture remaining in the bag).
- Roll Coriander leaves in to Tissue paper & Store them into zip-lock bags.
- I put them all in a box or basket together in a fridge to use when cooking.
- Once in a week, Open the bags, wipe the moisture with kitchen towel & place them back.